The MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 is designed to be a static element during a vehicle recovery. The MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 can be used as an extension strap for a tow recovery, joined together with MAXTRAX KINETC ROPE(S) or joined with a WINCH ROPE to extend the total length of ropes.
The MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 has been designed and tested as part of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. The MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is comprised solely of MAXTRAX products and has not been tested with any third-party-branded products. Critically, if the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is overloaded the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure. Accordingly, YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to a vehicle. Before using the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 for a vehicle recovery, ensure that any person involved reads and understands ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS packaging, and on any warning labels attached to the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10.
1. Visually inspect the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10 to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition prior to installation, as well as prior to use.
2. Attach the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE EXTENSION 10, to the MAXTRAX HITCH, other MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE, MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE or the vehicles rated recovery points using a MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX Fuse Shackle.
3. MAXTRAX STATIC ROPES can be used individually or connected using MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLES to make a rope the required length for your particular vehicle recovery scenario.
4. Place the MAXTRAX RECOVERY DAMPENER over the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE or MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE and attach to loop or Shackle.
5. Using MAXTRAX 4WD RECOVERY TRACKS to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
6. Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
7. Commence the recovery by GENTLY taking up the slack in the system.
8. If the recovery is initially unsuccessful, try again with SLIGHTLY more momentum.
Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene and Polyester
Weight: 0.98 kg
Length: 11mm x 10m
MBS: 11000 kg/24250 lb
CARE & MAINTENANCE
The various components of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM are of high quality, but due to the very nature of their potential use, or misuse, they are susceptible to severe wear and tear, and to damage such as nicks, cuts, tears, fraying, burns and abrasion. Always carefully inspect MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM components before each use for wear and tear, cuts, nicks, abraded, burned, melted and frayed areas. DO NOT USE the product if it is damaged, cut, frayed, burned, melted, abraded or partially unwound OR does not have a clearly legible warning label fitted. To help prolong the life of your MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM components, they should be washed off, rinsed with clean fresh water and air dried at the earliest opportunity after use. To protect from external environmental weather factors, components should be stored inside the MAXTRAX RECOVERY KIT BAG. Replacement protective sheaths are available from our website.
It is recommended that the minimum breaking strength of the strap should be between 2 and 3 times the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of any vehicle it is used with. It is advised that the strap must be suited to the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of the lighter of the 2 vehicles used in the recovery process.
Use only MAXTRAX Recovery products in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM at all times in each vehicle recovery.
a) Persons intending to use the strap should consider completing a nationally recognised four-wheel drive training course, or contact a four-wheel drive club for comprehensive advice on the proper selection and use of the strap
b) the strap must not be used for lifting or conventional towing
c) the persons intending to use the strap must ensure the strap is not damaged and is in a usable condition
d) the straps strength and stretch are reduced when the strap is saturated with water
e) an object such as a recovery damper, heavy bag or blanket must be draped over the strap during use to reduce any unintentional rebound of the strap
f) before attempting the vehicle recovery, passengers of the vehicles involved must:
(i) exit the vehicles
(ii) stand as far away from the vehicles as possible
(iii) avoid standing in the path of the vehicle performing the recovery